A resume should give facts about your background in an easy-to-read manner. You should avoid self-praise and evaluative comments by others. Most executives who will be reading your resume regard overselling unfavorably. However, state factually specific achievements such as sales increases, cost reductions, products developed, and awards won.
- Rewrite your text as many times as necessary to have a fluid English style. Have a friend read your resume to be sure your meaning is clear.
- Proofread for grammar and spelling errors. If you are using word processing use spell check.
- Use white 8 ½ x 11 paper.
- Try to limit your resume to two pages.
- Never send an out-of-date or "patched up" resume.
Click here to view or print out a sample resume .
Opening and printing the sample resume requires Adobe's Acrobat software. If you do not already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it without charge by clicking on the Acrobat icon below.